Well, here it is October already and Spooky Season is in full swing. Big fuzzy black spiders are everywhere…on porches, in windows, as cake decorations (ack!), and for an unlucky few… Halloween Spiders are haunting Your RV!
Halloween Spiders Are Good Spiders
The spiders that might be lurking in your RV are good spiders. American house spiders, daddy-long-legs, and cobweb spiders are creepy, yes. But harmful? No. These common house spiders prey on other insects like flies, mosquitoes, moths, and fruit flies. You probably won’t see them during the day as they are nocturnal. They are beneficial to your environment and won’t hurt you. Spiders are the best all-natural pest control.
Nevertheless, spiders give people the willies, probably because of their long association with Halloween, black cats, zombies, and witches.
How to Keep Halloween Spiders Out
Spooky Season is the start of spider mating season, so you’re more likely to see Halloween spiders now than at other times during the year. Spiders hate strong smells, so take these five tips to keep creepy-crawlies out.
- Peppermint oil – buy peppermint extract in the spice & baking aisle of any supermarket. Dilute it with water and spray around the doors and windows of your RV.
- Seal cracks – Spiders are little. They can squeeze in anywhere there is an opening.
- Vinegar & water – Same directions as peppermint oil.
- Cinnamon sticks & citrus peels – People like these smells. Spiders don’t. Scatter cinnamon sticks and rub citrus peels on the window sills and door thresholds to keep Halloween spiders at bay
- Turn off the lights – Although spiders like to hide, they are attracted by light, so turn off the lights before you go to bed.
Let these Halloween Spiders In!
Your natural fear of spiders can work for you this Halloween while you and the crew are camping in one the 16 Quality RV Resorts and Parks in Texas. Book you stay, load up on popcorn and candy bars, and settle back to watch ‘Arachnophobia’, a 1990 comedy-horror flick about a mutant spider species that is terrorizing the residents of a small town. Guaranteed to creep you out, ‘Arachnophobia’ is the perfect Halloween spiders movie. Choose your favorite Quality RV Resort destination and Book Now!