Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun – Hayrides, Pumpkins & Hallow-Weenies
October is the ideal time for Halloween family fun all over Texas in the Quality RV Resort of your choice…leaf-peeping, hayrides, corn mazes, pumpkin carving, and crazy-fun hot dog recipes! Try crispy, cheesy Hallow-weenies!
Texas-style Hallow-Weenies in Victoria
Hey, Ghouls and Goblins, you can enjoy these great Halloween hotdogs in Victoria and everywhere else. Everybody loves grilled cheese sandwiches. Everybody loves hot dogs. Put ’em together for a Halloween family fun dinner everybody will love. Not a trick…it’s a treat!
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 4 hot dogs, split lengthwise (be careful not to cut all the way through)
- 3 c. shredded cheddar
- 4 Green onions, sliced
What to Do
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over outsides of buns.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Place a bun buttered-side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, a hot dog, a little more cheddar cheese, and 1/4 of green onions.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until cheese melts, then use a spatula to close the bun. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 cheese dogs total.
Owl Creek Pumpkin Patch & Hayrides in San Antonio
12355 Military Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78253
Hayrides and hundreds of pumpkins to take back to the RV and carve for more Halloween family fun! Bring your camera! Admission includes Photo Ops with Scarecrows, a hayride, children’s play areas, hay and bale mazes, tire climbing, pig races, and more. New this year is a haunted hike. Pony Rides, the potato launch contest, and face painting are an additional fee. Pumpkins are priced according to size.
- Open: Now thru October 28, 2021
- Hours: Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm; Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm; Midweek by
- Cost: $8 per person for kids and adults aged 3 and up; $6.00 Each for Military, Firefighter,
EMT services or Police; Pony Rides are $4.00 Each – Potato launching and face painting $2.00 Each
Dewberry Farms Fall Festival – Near Houston
Now thru November 15 Halloween family fun can be found on 8 acres of cornfield maze, heaps of pick-able pumpkins and Spooky Hollow in the woods to enjoy. Plus! Jumping pillows, climbing wall, slide mountain, carousel, face painting, and pony & train rides. There’s a wine and beer garden for grown-ups. Lots to eat – choose from a wide variety of food options scattered around the farm.
Each year new activities or experiences are added to the festival, and, of course, a new maze theme is carved out of the eight acres of corn.
Cost: $20 per person includes most activities.
Brookshire is a quick trip from Houston – just about a 30-minute drive west on I-10. Happy Halloween, y’all!
Choose your ideal Texas destination and book your stay at the perfect Quality RV Resort for you. A warm welcome and deluxe amenities are waiting for you in every location.