You love camping, especially grilling outdoors and dining on the picnic table right next to your RV. Mosquitoes love it when you dine outdoors too! They are the unwanted party-crashers at every picnic. Here’s how to get rid of mosquitoes and have your dinner in peace.
Three Tips to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
- Tip #1 – Get sprays or lotions that contain DEET or Picaridin (a synthetic pepper spray). The higher the concentration of these ingredients, the better. Neither DEET nor Picaridin kills bugs, but they get rid of mosquitoes by smelling totally unpleasant to those darn skeeters. Spray yourself with products that contain DEET or Picaridin and the bugs won’t bite you.
- Tip #2 – Mosquitoes like to eat dinner at the same time as you – at dusk. Mosquitoes are most active at twilight, so have your meal before the sun sets or after it’s totally dark. Or dine indoors. Sunset is peak biting time.
- Tip #3 – Mosquitoes are weak fliers. If it’s windy at dinnertime, you won’t be bitten because the breeze will blow the skeeters away. So, take a tip from Mother Nature and bring a fan outside. Not only will you keep cool in the heat of Texas’ summer, but you will also get rid of mosquitoes by blowing those pesky bugs into the next county.
A Mostly Mosquito-Free Environment at Quality RV Resorts and Parks
Although we can’t promise that insects won’t visit any of our 16 vacation destinations in Texas, we can promise that we are constantly thinking of ways to get rid of mosquitoes or keep them at bay. For instance – mosquitoes love standing water. We don’t have any.
- Swimming pools – Because the water is chlorinated and constantly circulating through the filters, mosquitoes can’t lay their eggs there.
- Fountains – Not only do the fountains look pretty, but they also keep the water moving, so mosquitoes won’t lay their eggs in the ponds.
- Fish – Speaking of the catch ‘n release fishing ponds, those bodies of water are stocked with hungry fish. Guess what they eat? Mosquitoes!
Every Quality RV Resort is Pet-Friendly
You’ll find friendly folks, excellent amenities, comfort, convenience, and a great place to work or play – whether it’s for a night, an extended stay, or a lifetime at every pet-friendly Quality RV Resort. All Quality RV Resorts offer private gated properties, free WiFi, exceptionally clean facilities, concrete-paved sites with full hook-ups, shade trees, and much more.