Have you ever driven your old car through one of those Tunnel o’ Suds Car Wash places and forgotten to crank the radio antenna down? Uh-oh! Maybe you’ve decided to take the whole family on an RV vacation, so you’ve packed everything – including the dog food – but you forgot the dog?
Hey, things like that happen to everybody sometime or other. Here’s a quick ‘n easy RV travel checklist to make sure that you and the family – including your dog – arrive at one of the 16 Quality RV Resorts and Parks in Texas without forgetting anything.
Pre-Trip RV Travel Checklist
- Water pump off
- Water heater off
- Furnace off, portable heater stowed
- TV antenna down, satellite dish down or stowed
- TV and electronics secured
- Furniture secured – recliners, kitchen chairs, etc.
- Loose items from countertop, cabinets, and bathroom stowed or secured
- Cabinet drawers and doors closed and secure
- Refrigerator off, interior items secured, door latched
- Stove top secured
- Toilet seat down
- Bathroom/bedroom doors closed and secure
- Windows and vents closed
- All interior lights turned of
- Brake fluid
- Engine coolant
- Transmission fluid
- Leaks underneath
- Hoses, fittings, belts
- Check for leaves, nests, or other debris lodged in compartment
- Windshield clean, check for cracks or rock chips
- Windshield wipers
- Mirrors adjusted and tight
- External lights working and clean – brake, turn signals, clearance markers, etc.
- Proper pressure cold
- Sidewall weather checking
- Valve stem/extensions
- Towed vehicle
- Proper hitch connection
- Braking mechanism
Towed Vehicles Recommended Procedure
- Emergency brake off
- Key in proper position
- Shifter in neutral
- Jacks retracted
- Slide rooms retracted – check for debris on top
- Awnings retracted and latched
- Compartments latched/locked if preferred
- Propane off
- Operation of step
Every Quality RV Resort and Park in Texas offers comfort, convenience, deluxe amenities, and unparalleled customer service.
So start 2022 off right – with your RV travel checklist, and select your ideal vacation destination and reserve!